Welcome to Porta Environmental
Porta Environmental offers a range of services, including Land Capability Assessments for onsite waste-water/effluent disposal both within Victoria and New South Wales. We also offer:
- a range of environmental home and office assessments
- Project management
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental impact reduction programs
- Basic water sampling, testing and monitoring
Home and Office Assessment
Porta environmental do the typical structure assessments, check your power, gas and water use and recommend improvements.
We also do a lot more than the typical clipboard consultant:
- We test all your gas appliances - including your hot water service, ovens, heaters and gas meters - with special gas detection equipment for leaks and gas emissions inside the house.
- We measure all rooms for poisonous/toxic Carbon Monoxide gas which you can't see or smell.
- We measure hot surface temperatures, like ovens and heaters, so you know if you need to take precautions around small children.
- We test for cold air leaks inside the home or office, and also measure lighting both inside and outside. So if you are having problems with lawn or gardens, we can tell you how much light they are getting.
- We measure the energy use of all your major appliances with special meters rather than just check what they should be from Star ratings, so you know which appliances are costing you the most.
Environmental Impact Reduction
This is often the main goal for most businesses or households who want to improve the environment for themselves and others in the community. This can be achieved by making small and large changes to the way they do business or carry out their day to day lives.
Porta Environmental can assess your business or household and let you know what your current environmental impact and tailor changes that will reduce your environmental impact.
Good examples for your business:
- Change your power provider or service to recognised green power for the office.
- Have windows in the office that can be opened and closed to help control air quality and temperature.
- Provide a suitable lunch/break area, which preferably has an outside component, not just for smoking.
Good examples for your home:
- Get a water tank, any size, the bigger the better.
- Mulch your lawn cutting straight onto the lawn don't put them in the bin.
- When shopping, buy local/Australian products whenever possible